Wednesday 8 February 2012

Day 13~Retrieval Day

Today was the big day. I don't want to get into too much detailed info on here because, one you might not want to read it and two, I can tell you up close and personal in a week from now. Can you see me smiling as I write that??

Here's what I will say.....We have to remember that we are in a whole different world over here. I know other countries have different standards, witnessed that first hand in Mexico with my Grandma, but it is truly a surreal experience when you have a medical procedure done in a 3rd world country. As I was entering the operating room, I'm not gonna lie, I got a little scared. Just kinda weird, kicking off my flip flops in a hall and having a nurse slip on a cloth gown over my t-shirt. I then walked into the OR on my own and hopped on one of the two gurneys in the room. I was just thinking, what are they going to do, two of us at once?? Let's not get stuff mixed up here. I hope they have a good labeling system. But they didn't have 2 of us in there. I guess I was rolled out when Jen was walking in. It was about a 15 minute procedure and then they got me into the "recovery room", where everyone just kind of walks through, mills about, stands around, whatever. Mike was waiting for me and then he had to leave to do his business. I awoke a bit, but was really in and out of consciousness. Next thing you know, Homero and Jen are with me and we are recovering together. When all was said and done, I went into the clinic at 8 in the morning and was heading out by 10, not feeling my best, but not dead either, so there's that.

The retrieval took its toll and I was down and out for the afternoon and evening. Didn't feel good at all and thought I might've had something go wrong, but by 7 or 8, I was feeling better. Good enough to order some Dominos Chicken Kickers and thoroughly enjoy them.

Tomorrow we check and see if the eggs fertilized and if so, Friday is the transfer day and then we are outta here!!!

Even though this is a horrible pic, I wanted to include it. Notice how the sheets could have came from your home closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment