Monday, 13 February 2012

Day 15, 16 & 17~Transfer Day then Get the Heck Out!!

So this is being written as a one lump deal. We actually just arrived home. So thankful for my home, but also thankful to be able to have gone on an adventure/quest like this. I'll just try to go over what took place on our last few days.

Friday morning, we awoke, packed our bags and then hurried up and waited for time to pass until the transfer took place. It was supposed to be done at 1:00, but ended up not getting done until 3:30. Needless to say, we were anxious and a little worried that our surrogate backed out. That wasn't the case at all. She happened to already be at the clinic, but there was a lack of communication and some of the staff didn't know she was there, so they had been calling her and her phone was shut off. Yeah, it was shut off because she was already in the transfer room all gowned up. After the long wait, we got to see our embryos on a computer screen. I asked Dr. Patel to rate them for me on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being the best. She said they were very good and she would rate them at 100%, so I took that as a 5. After we viewed the embryos, they did the transfer. She transferred 2, so now we wait and see what happens. Joshpina now stays on bed rest until they do the test and we find out what the results are. We gave our thanks and a small gift to Joshpina, said goodbye and thanks to Dr. Patel, also to all the nurses and finally said our goodbyes to Jen and Homero who I am going to really miss! At least now I've got a good reason to visit Napa Valley like I've always wanted to because they live close by.

Our driver picked us up and drove us to Udaipur that Friday evening. Mike wasn't feeling well (again) and by the time we got to the hotel (The Tiger~kinda sounds pornish if you ask me, but it was a really cute boutique style hotel) it was already 9, so we stayed in that night.

Saturday, we awoke to a sunny day and Mike was feeling up to doing touristy stuff, so we visited a temple and a palace and walked the streets of Udaipur. Now this is what I imagined more of India to be like. It's still dirty there, but not as much and there are tons of shops with hand crafted items. Beautiful paintings, hand bags and lots of stuff. The afternoon was spent on out hotel's rooftop. We watched the monkeys that were playing on rooftop next door. I had my first beer in a month and Mike took some sunset photos. Udaipur was a great way to wrap up India.

I've been up for way too many hours at this point so I'm signing off. Hopefully we'll have good news to report in the future. If not, at least we can say we gave it a try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment